Are you a writer struggling to learn how to tell a story that works?
Do you want to turn your first draft into a book people want to read? Do you want to be able to tell stories for a living? More importantly, do you want readers to keep reading your stories and to share them with everyone they know?
How exactly do you turn that jumble of words into a novel or memoir that makes sense and delivers on the promises you make?
That’s where I come in.
I’ll help you…
- Learn to write a scene that keeps your readers hooked
- Figure out what’s missing from your novel and why it “doesn’t work”
- Give you actionable advice unlike many others who will tell you something vague like “show, don’t tell”
- Pay off your beginning hook with plot twists that readers won’t see coming
- Create characters that feel real
- Write books that keep readers reading and sharing with their friends
How do I make books better?
No matter where you start, I’m going to help you improve your work. I’m not here to tell you your novel is perfect or the worst thing ever. Instead, I’ll work with you to help you learn to tell your stories better. You’ll get laser-focused advice and an analytical view into the kind of story you’re trying to tell. And, we’ll get you into the Professional Mindset, ready to fight Resistance.
A More In-depth Look at the Services* I Offer:
- A 30-minute Consultation
- Cost: Free
- I’ll answer any questions you have about The Story Grid, the editing process, or my services
- Book Now
- Manuscript Analysis**
- Cost: $997
- For any finished manuscripts up to 80k words
- This diagnostic will determine what’s working, and provide specific ways to improve what isn’t
- 6 core questions answered about your manuscript that will provide a general overview of the entire manuscript (macro level)
- An in-depth story grid analysis (micro level) of your first five scenes
- A one-hour phone call consultation
- A next-steps recommendation letter
- Genre-specific resources and recommendations to follow up with
- Book a free consultation to discuss your options
**Services and costs subject to changes based on a writer’s needs and project. If you have questions, ask.
For more about what a developmental editor does, visit my blog.
Questions? Contact me or book a free consultation below.
*These services are not for writers unwilling to put in the work necessary to learn how to tell their stories better